Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Statement to Clients – 13th March 2020
Re: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
We would like to update our clients on some changes to our policies and procedures. The Health and Safety of our staff, and the pets in our care, are our main priorities and we are closely monitoring the on-going situation:
To help reduce the risk of exposure to our public facing Front of House team members, we will no longer handle our client’s own leads. Dogs arriving for boarding/grooming will be taken through on our leads. Likewise, when dogs are going home, we will use our leads and our staff will bring the dog through reception and out to your car.
If you have any flu-like symptoms, or any symptoms relating to the coronavirus (as described on the NHS website) or if you are self-isolating, we ask that you do not come into the reception area, please ring the kennels to discuss the next steps if you have a pet currently boarding or due to come into board.
Likewise if you have a pet boarding or due to come into board and you have travelled from a high-risk area or country in the past 14 days, we ask that you do not come into the reception area, please ring the kennels to discuss the next steps.
We have emergency plans in place should a client with a pet boarding be stuck aboard, likewise if any of our staff are self-isolating, to ensure the high levels of animal care we instil are able to be met on a daily basis.
All staff have been updated on the importance of personal hygiene including thorough and frequent handwashing.
We would like to reassure our clients that all our boarding, grooming and pet shop services are open as normal.
We are receiving a number of cancellations at the moment, the level of which we have never experienced before. We would like to remind our clients of our normal cancellation policy:
We do not charge a cancellation fee, if it is due to illness or the government has imposed a travel ban to the area you were due to travel to.
– Bookings of 1-14 days (including day creche) we ask for 7 days notice.
– If the notice is less than 7 days (from start of board) – the charge is 1 days board (at 1-3 day rate).
– If the notice is less than 24 hours or if there is no notification – the charge is 25% of the board (minimum charge of 1 days board).
– Bookings of more than 14 days, we ask for the same period to cancel or shorten e.g. for a booking of 21 days, we require 21 days notice.
– A period of notice given less than the period booked will incur a charge of 25% of the board (minimum charge of 1 days board).